BovControl is looking for a Blockchain Engineer with knowledge in data science, passionate about changing the world through coding and help us build our own blockchain – considering our previous experiences and validations (unlocking the food value-chain).
We’re innovators and changemakers in connecting the farming world to cutting-edge technology. In other words, we help the everyday farmer better manage their herds right from their fingertips.
Our solution combines data collection and data analysis. The data is collected using the BovControl app, and the data can be analyzed through a dashboard control panel that can be accessed from any computer or device with Internet.
We are seeking to engage every cattle rancher on the planet and enhance efficiency and productivity, despite not owning a single farm (except for the experimental farm where our ideas are put to test!).
Combating global hunger through this method greatly motivates our team.
We are actively seeking capable, driven and self-motivated developers that want to improve life in the world by coding. Believe me, that is possible! Now it’s your chance to code for a better world. BovControl is located in what many regard is the world’s foremost startup ecosystem, The Pad Sunnyvale (Silicon Valley), CIC Boston and Berrini Avenue in Sao Paulo.
Feeding 1 billion people per day through our users, before completing our 10 years old, is our main goal.
Developer Entry Job Duties:
- Design and build back-end functionality on Blockchain;
- Partner with our team to define architecture and best practices;
- Write high-caliber code on a daily basis to satisfy product requirements;
- Document best practices and act as a knowledgeable resource for blockchain engineering problem solving;
- Work cross functionally to ensure alignment and collaboration;
- Bring an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit to the team;
- Be part of a fast- paced, agile environment;
- Collaborate with other engineers to enhance and develop our data science toolkit;
- Run experiments to evaluate new features and heuristics;
- Work with engineers to turn pertinent analyses into production-ready algorithms for client facing products.
Programmer Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Understanding of Bitcoin, including familiarity with Bitcoin transaction scripting and knowledge of how Bitcoin and various other CryptoCurrencies differ;
- Previous work with P2P Networking and distributed systems;
- Understanding of various distributed consensus methodologies (Mining, PoS, Paxos, etc);
- Understanding of cryptography, including asymmetric (pub/priv key), symmetric, hash functions, encryption/signatures;
- Experience building applications using any of the following (or similar) languages: Python, C, C++, C#, golang, Rust, Scala, Haskell, Erlang, or Clojure;
- Active demonstrable interest in Bitcoin, distributed systems, DHTs or cryptography
- Deep knowledge of some of the major data science tools and frameworks for large datasets (e.g., python, pandas, skit-learn, R, spark, sparkML…);
- Advanced knowledge of Scala/ Java required;
- Good knowledge of data analysis relevant to the blockchain – think network/graph theory;
- Strong coding skills in at least one language;
- Passion for exploration, experimentation and building with large data sets.
Join us, and let’s build the “internet of cows”.