bitFlyer is the largest Bitcoin and blockchain company in Japan. We operate a virtual currency exchange and marketplace. We provide our customers with convenient and exciting ways to buy, sell and spend bitcoins.
Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the international nature of the virtual currency. Our mission is to make the world simpler through blockchain.
bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology.
We have raised over 4.1 billion yen (~$36 million) in venture capital funding. Our platform has facilitated over $40 billion in bitcoin trades, 75% of which came in 2017.
We are backed by world-class investors including SMBC Venture Capital, Mizuho Capital, Mitsubishi UFJ Capital, Dentsu Digital Holdings and SBI Investment.
We are looking for a full-stack developer who can grow together with our business in the United States.
You will help build and maintain our digital currencies exchange platform in the United States. This will involve having a close relationship with our Japanese and European developers. It is vital that you have strong communication skills, are focused on delivering results and experienced with frequent and small release cycles.
This is a unique opportunity to work for a leading player at the cutting edge of a fast-growth and revolutionary industry. You will be an instrumental part of this growth story. A familiarity and genuine interest in Bitcoin and blockchain technology is desirable.
- Design and development of all aspects of our back-end systems as well as server and client-side of our bitcoin marketplace
- Leverage your development skills to create, maintain and enhance our platform
- Ensure the reliability and security of the exchange system
Required Skills And Experience
- Extensive technical knowledge of the Microsoft Stack (server and client-side)
- 5+ years’ experience with databases
- 5+ years’ experience with SQL Server
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
Desired Skills And Experience
- Familiar with Jira, Confluence and Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of data architecture and algorithms
- Knowledge of parallel and asynchronous programming
- Experience developing financial systems
- Experience developing large-scale services (able to design to reduce load)
- Fundamental understanding of mobile app development
- Experience with large-scale transaction processing
Flextime (core time from 9:00 to 17:00, standard working hours: eight hours per day)
Fluent in English (oral/written)
Japanese isa plus