Our client, Responsible Gold is a global financial technology firm delivering innovative solutions for B2B cross border payments. Responsible Gold uses block chain technology to track title and provenance of conflict-free gold from mines to vaults, ensuring the gold is responsibly sourced and refined. The company creates a digital blockchain token, or “G-Coin”, of each gram of gold. G-Coins can be purchased as an investment, redeemed for gold, or freely transferred to others as a form of payment or wealth transfer.
With offices in Santa Clara, Houston, Dubai, Shanghai, Bangalore, São Paolo, and Luxembourg, Responsible Gold is aggressively building an international network. The company’s rapidly expanding team draws from financial markets, payments, commodities, and FinTech. Funded by strategic investors and private equity, the company is well placed to drive exceptional results.
In 2017, Responsible Gold acquired a Silicon Valley based emerging markets payments company. The company uses technology and local expertise to help merchants grow revenue through local payments without the need for merchants to invest time and resources managing complicated regulations, tax obligations, and other local market challenges. The payments platform offers a secure, scalable way to accept more than 200 top performing payment methods with one integration. Now its digital entertainment, online education, software, and services merchants can offer G-Coin as a payment method in some of the world’s fastest growing territories including India, Latin America, and Southeast Asia.
The Company’s culture is best described as fast moving, collaborative, where every voice is heard and every challenge is tackled together to achieve the maximum results for its clients. With 6 cross-continent offices, cross-team interaction occurs around the clock and proper, effective communication is a key company value. Inclusion, respect and integrity are uncompromised values. Unique abilities are nurtured to develop careers and maximize impact company wide.
TITLE: Director of Product Management – G-Coin
LOCATION: Santa Clara, CA
The Director of G-Coin Product Management will define and manage product roadmaps for the RG Supply Chain, G-Coin for B2B, and G-Coin for investment. This role is responsible for overseeing the successful launch and ongoing enhancement implementation of the complete G-Coin platform.
- The head of Product management has total ownership and a passion for the G-Coin product family. He/She is the most intimately knowledgeable about what the current capabilities are, and the future technology needs, to match the vision of the company.
- Acute and deep understanding of financial service, banking, Treasury Management, trading/exchange, transactional markets and systems including distributed ledgers.
- Responsible for overall product roadmap, documenting vision on the current and future product offerings.
- Interface with executive staff to provide detailed input on status of current product, market needs, roadmap, and resources requirements to deliver on the G-Coin Product.
- Review, draft and update market requirements summaries head of Engineering and Executive time as well as identify opportunities for new product add-ons.
- Work with engineering team to develop technical specs for the product build-out and roadmap.
- Prioritize product features for sprint planning.
- Provide technical marketing documentation for the commercial and marketing teams.
- Work with Merchant Services, Customer support and other groups to ensure smooth and effective roll outs of the product, new features and any augmented service offerings.
- Interface with Marketing on Competitive intelligence to ensure G-Coin maintains a leadership position.
- Conduct client / partner meetings to continuously ensure Product / market fit.
- Interface with Executive team and CTO/VP Engineering to define and measure resource requirements for planning and budgeting.
- Deliver client specific and public presentations and demonstrations of the G-Coin solution. Interface with PR and IR analysts as needed.
- Hire and Manage Product Management team as growth dictates.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7 years of increasing responsibility in Product Management roles with a FX Trading Platform, Treasury Management solutions, or Digital Currency Technology firm. B2B and B2C Experience preferred. Experience with commodities or precious metals industry will be highly valued.
Additional qualifications include:
- 5+ years in leadership role of Product Management or Product Marketing role, including direct responsibility for managing teams and product lines.
- Outstanding technical knowledge and understanding of software technology architecture.
- Strong business acumen, hands on experience with detailed budgeting and resource planning, pricing model, sensitivity analysis.
- Ability to work in cross-functional environment. Understand and respond to leadership with different goals and P&L drivers. Manage and prioritize product release scheduled across multiple product lines.
An undergraduate degree in business or finance is required. MBA is a plus.
- Self-Starter –Is aggressive and confident. Able to operate independently of a large staff.
- Passion – for Payments and eCommerce. Highly energetic.
Goal Oriented – Naturally motivated to reach goals and hard-driving personality.
- Interpersonal/Communication Skills –Able to establish and maintain excellent relationships and credibility quickly.
- Excellent internal consulting skills as well as technical writing and public speaking.
- Maturity – Provides a good balance or risk taking and judgment.
- Professional – Unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character who has demonstrated high moral and ethical behavior.
The critical and highly visible nature of the position warrants a most competitive six figure base salary, performance based incentives, equity and a full range of benefits.
- 100% premium paid medical with PPO plan, dental and vision for employees, their spouses and dependants.
- Company paid gym membership on campus.
- Eligible profit interests employee vehicle with a 4 year vesting period.